Renewable energy plays a key role in the business units of the LEONI Group.
In the case of wind turbines, there are signs of a trend towards making the component to last and thereby increasing the useful life of the whole system. In cable making this can be achieved for example with a special design and high quality insulation materials. With the cable being resistant to temperatures up to 145 °C, the laws of physics enable the control and power supply cables to have a very long useful life span even at extreme temperatures in the nacelle.
Tailor-made power cables, medium voltage cables, fiber optic cables and components, bus cables, round strands and flat-woven fabric for lightning protection, high temperature connector strands (up to more than 180 °C) for the interior wiring of actuators and generators, earthing cables as well as service work complement the offering.
Cable expertise from a single source
- Halogen-free control and power cables
- Low-voltage power cords for the connection from the generator to the transformer
- Medium voltage cable from the transformer to the power supply
- Cables for connecting generators and motors
- Round and flat strands for lightning protection